- Granting Agency: USDA
- Appropriation Amount: $500,000,000
- Eligible Applicants – TBD
- Announcement Date: TBD, no later than 150 days after the enactment of the American Rescue Plan
- Closing Date: TBD
Purpose: Rural development needs related to the covid-19 pandemic
- Increase capacity for vaccine distribution.
- Provide medical supplies to increase medical surge capacity.
- Reimburse for revenue lost during the COVID–19 pandemic, including revenue losses incurred prior to the awarding of the grant.
- Increase telehealth capabilities, including underlying health care information systems.
- Construct temporary or permanent structures to provide health care services, including vaccine administration or testing.
- Support staffing needs for vaccine administration or testing; and
- Engage in any other efforts to support rural development determined to be critical to address the COVID–19 pandemic, including nutritional assistance to vulnerable individuals, as approved by the Secretary.